1905 – Original home was built for a single family
1955 – Home purchased by the Presbyterian Women of the Synod of Georgia for use by groups attending conferences
Over the years, ownership was transferred from the Synod of Georgia to the Synod of the Southeast to the Synod of the South Atlantic and finally to a board of directors representing the five Presbyteries in Georgia.
Wayne Drummond was hired in 1995 to serve as summer host. Finances and board management were handled through the synod office, and any major financial improvements were handled through the synod budget.
In 1999, as the house transferred over to Georgia ownership, Wayne Drummond was hired as the year round manager to work with a newly formed board.
Since 1999 the house has undergone regular upgrades -including bathrooms, interior painting, an integrated fire alarm system, a new roof, several deck improvements, and most recently, a complete kitchen renovation thanks to FPC of Marietta GA. The house continues to see Board members and other volunteers contributing time and money to the upkeep of the house. seen several major improvements.
To donate to the upkeep on the house, please go to our Donate Page.